Gord Dibben

Goody

You would have to store that value somewhere when it is entered in order to
retrieve it after you overwrite it with a new value.

This would probably involve VBA code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:37:05 -0800, "Goody"
wrote:

NO, I mean that if a cell's (A1 for example) value was 1 one week, and then
A1 is 2 this week, how do I get excel to display the previous value in A1?

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

not sure what you mean by a previous cell's value

do you mean in A2 you want the value that is in A1?
if so the formula
=A1
in A2 will give it to you

Cheers
JulieD

"Goody" wrote in message
I run a fantasy racing league with some friends. I am trying to find out
how
to return a previous cell's value, such as a player's rank from last week.
am doing it manually now, but there has to be a better way. Thanks!