Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Only Half of First Bar is Showing

You apparently didn't add the dummy values at the start and end of the data
range. This means if the range was C3:C10, you have to make sure C2 and C11
are blank, then adjust the range to C2:C11. This way, a blank column, not
your actual data, is cut in half at the left and right extremes of the
chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"klam" wrote in message
I wanted to have the tick on the x-axis right over the label so I lurked
from
another post (Andy) the following:

"Double click the category axis and on the scale tab uncheck,
Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.
This will mean adding a dummy set of data to the begining and end of the
data series otherwise you will loses 2 columns."

I did this, including adding the dummy set at the beginning and end.
However, now the first bar in the column chart is pressed right up against
the y-axis and its width is only half of that of the other bars. How can I
get it to space correctly?

Using Excel 2003.

tia for any suggestions