Gord Dibben

SJC

Sub sortprotected()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"

'your sort code which you get from the macro recorder

ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub

Note: for users not to have access to the password, you must protect the VBA
Project, which could be cracked by a determined user.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:15:02 -0800, SJC wrote:

I am using Excel 2000, so do you have any idea on how I can program this in?

"Cesar Zapata" wrote:

If you are using excel 2003 and may be xp... when you protect you have
the option to allow sorting. If you have lesser versions then I think
you gonna have to go VBA.