Dave Peterson

John Walkenbach shows how to get a nice unique list (but for a listbox--but you
could change that to a combobox) at:

Then you could record a macro when you apply filtering. That should get you
started.

Frepez wrote:

Hi Dave, that's almost right. The difference is that I want to put the
controls (drop lists) at another place, not directly above the column in
question, I want to be able to place it myself and in autofilter you also get
(i don't exacly know what it says in english since I have a swedish version)
show all and show empty and so on, I just want the values that are in the
column.

/regards Freddie

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It sounds a lot like you want to reinvent Data|Filter|Autofilter.

If you've never used it, Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

Heck, even if you have used it, the instructions are still nice!

Frepez wrote:

Hi I want to create a combo box and I want it to list values from a specific
column.

I'm making a price list so that I can use a filter process to get the right
product. In this case it's for printed envelopes

Every value apperas several times and I want it to filter the values.

Lets say I choose the size "A4", I want it to choose all rows with "A4" i
column A and then I want to be able to add a new combo box that lists the
values in column B, lets say it's the number of colours on the print.
"2-colours", then I want it to list all A4 envelopes with a 2-coluur print.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson