Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam Adam is offline

Default Formula Calc Problem

It won't calculate unless I set a limit on the number of itirations.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

You could use SHIFT-F9, which will calculate the active sheet only.

But even if the sheet is "circular", you can still have Automatic calculation. Or does it take too much time?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"adam" wrote in message ...
|I have built a financial model. Basically, I have project templates that
| roll-up into a consolidated statement. To consolidate these projects, I use
| the sum() formula. Here's an example of the formula:
|
| =+SUM('EXISTING PROJ BEGIN:<<EXISTING PROJ END'!C57)
|
| And by circular, since its a financial model, there is some circularity by
| its nature. For example, interest expense is based on the loan balance,
| which is determined by how much cash the business needs, which is partly
| determined by interest expense.
|

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| Please give more details about the layout of your workbook and the formulas used. Since "natural" circular is not that common,
you
| might explain what it's about in your case.
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "adam" wrote in message ...
| |I am having a problem with an excel model that I created. It has to be
| | circular by nature, so I have turned calculations off and have to F9 whenever
| | I want the model's formulas updated.
| |