Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr mike_vr is offline

Default lookup returning true or false

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that, works perfectly! Do you mind me asking how it works
perfectly though? Just confused by the 0 for the countif?

Thanks again

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=if(countif(a:f,g1)0,true,false)

mike_vr wrote:

Hi there

Been asked by a colleague if there's a function that is in essence a search
function that returns true or false. I'm sure there is one but for the life
of me I can't think what it is!!

Basically what they're trying to do is have 6 columns of copious amounts of
data, and then a 7th column with only a few bits of data, and in column 8
they would like a true or false depending on whether the data in column 7
appears anywhere in columns 1-6.

Sounds pretty simple but I just can't think how to do it right now, help!!!

Many thanks,

Mike

--

Dave Peterson