Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Birthday probability

Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:52:00 -0800 from Dave
:

I can work out the probabilities for 2 people in the same room sharing a
birthday by dragging formula down like so

But can anyone get this equation into a single formula where I imput n for
the number of people in the room and the probability is calculated.

http://www.tc3.edu/instruct/sbrown/stat/birthday.htm

gives the formula and explains where it comes from. It makes the same
simplifying assumption that you do, ignoring leap years.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/