Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Nesting sumif functions

One view, shown in this sample:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3b8c5
Sumproduct_1.xls

Assuming the BUs are listed in A2 down, cost/rev types listed in B1:D1
where BU#s may appear repeatedly in A2 down,
but cost/rev types in B1 across are unique

Assume pair inputs for BU and cost/rev made in F2:G2 down, eg:
In F2: 250
In G2: 25

Then you could place in H2:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$100=F2)*OFFSET($A$2:$A$100,,M ATCH(G2,$B$1:$D$1,0)))
and copy down. Adapt to suit.
--
Max
Singapore
"JT" wrote:
I am trying to nest a sumif function but having trouble.
I have a spreadsheet that lists multiple cost/revenue types with multiple
business units. I am trying to find a sum of a column for a given business
unit and cost/revenue type.
I.E., If the business unit is 250 & the cost/revenue type is 25 then sum
column H.

Thanks for the help.
JT