Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Linkage problem between spreadsheets

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) in a cell on Sheet2

keeps the cell blank until a value is entered in A1 of Sheet1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 07:09:02 -0800, Bernie R. <Bernie
wrote:

My data transferred to the other spreadsheet with no problem, it lost the
format it had in the base spreadsheet such as dates, percentages, etc. The
problem is at the top of each of my columns it calculates totals and
percentages, and the total is counting all rows transferred whether they are
blank or not. I unclicked the "zero values" in the "Tools/Options" tab but
this didn't help. If I "clear contents" on the blanks cells the calculations
are correct but it also clears out the link to the other spreadsheet. One
other thing....there is a formula worksheet in the workbook that controls
calculations for some things (but not all). As far as I can tell this
worksheet isn't causing the "count the blanks" problem.