Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Zoran Banai Zoran Banai is offline

Default Open file

I use Excel 2007.

SPSS 13.0 generate the exported file .XLS.
I open this file in Excel 2007 with warning FILE ERROR: DATA MAY HAVE BEEN
LOST.

I see the file and data is correctly arranged.

"Bill Manville" wrote in message
Zoran Banai wrote:
I export SPSS file to Excel. When I open this file in Excel I have

warning:
FILE ERROR: DATA MAY HAVE BEEN LOST. What does this mean ?

I guess it means what it says.

Which version of Excel?

How does the data get to Excel?
- does SPSS open Excel for you and put the data in a worksheet
- or does it generate a file which you then open in Excel
- if so, hat is the format of the exported file: CSV, XLS or some other
format?
- or some other method?

Do you get to see the data in Excel?
- if so, does the data appear to be complete and correctly arranged
- If not, can you describe how it looks and how that differs from what

you
expected?

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England