Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Error with closing the Excel file

Can you send me the file private ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in message ...
Actually, this file is an Excel Template. It contains some 6 excel sheets
with in it.
It was created using Excel 2003.
Now, I have converted this template to Macro enabled excel template. (.XSLT)
in 2007.

we have some 10 users for this file. All of them are getting that error when
they are closing the form and I am sure that this is the only file that we
are facing this problem.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Is it one workbook that have this problem ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in message ...
Ron,

I tried repair of office.
Still it is giving me the same error while closing the form.

can you suggest me any thing else to try?

TIA
ss

"ss" wrote:

How can I do a repair of Office?
Is there any tool within Office 2007 for this?

Thanks

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try a repair of Office

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in message ...
Yes,

I did as said by you. But it does nothing.
I have opened the form in safe mode.
Still it is giving the same error.

"ss" wrote:

Ron,

Yes, I ran the Office diagnostics, I showed me the message that " one
problem has repaired by the Office diagnostics"

but, even after that also, It is giving me the same error.

Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.
Unless I uncheck the Restat Microsoft Office Excel, it is opening the blank
excel form.

what is wrong with this?

Thanks

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi ss

Try this first

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"ss" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I am using Excel 2007.
Each time I Close Excel I get an error box (Microsoft Office Excel has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience) and if I don't un-check "restart microsof office" it will
restart Excel. What can this problem be?

Thanks