Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
drofdel drofdel is offline

Default rank

Thank You....it works.

"MrAcquire" wrote:

Let's assume that you have n rows of data in column A beginning in A1 and you
want to rank in column B each value in column A from lowest to highest,
highest being ranked first. Enter this formula in B1:

=RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$n,0)+0.5*COUNTIF($A$1:$A$n,A1)-0.5

Make sure you replace the "n" with the number of rows in your series.

"drofdel" wrote:

. "I'm trying to use the RANK function to sort the values in Column A, but,
the problem arises when I have two or more cells with the same value. Then,
the RANK also repeats some positions. For example, if I have, 50, 60, 62, 62,
67 in Column A I would get 5,4,2,2,1 in Column B. Is there a way I can get
5,4,2.5,2.5,1 ?"