Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Series with named range on several identical sheets

If each sheet has its own ranges defined only on that sheet, Excel would not
rewrite the series formula. Excel only rewrites it if there is no such name
defined for the worksheet in the series formula. Change WorkbookName.xls
back to SheetName in the formula and see what happens.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"caroline" wrote in message
I have named ranges on sheet1 to create my chart.
ChartDates for the X axis
Data1 for the values
I then entered
SERIES('Sheet1'!$B$3,'Sheet1'!ChartDates,'Sheet1'! Data1,1)
But Excel rewrote it that way
SERIES('WorkbookName.xls'$B$3,'WorkbookName.xls'!C hartDates,'WorkbookName.xls'!Data1,1)

This is not what I am after, because I am copying the sheet several times
and I would like each graph to get the data from its own sheet (each sheet
has a range named ChartDates and Data1.

Can you help? Thanks
--
caroline