Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] reitanospa1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Summarizing Date and Time

If you want to create a date out of the date/time data you can use
this formula:
=DATE(YEAR(D7),MONTH(D7),DAY(D7))
and the time would be:
=TIME(HOUR(D7),MINUTE(D7),SECOND(D7))

When you have a second time value you can just use regular math (since
time is really just a decimal value in disguise) and add and subtract
as you need.

On Jan 29, 11:18 am, Sean wrote:
Hello, I am trying to take the date in the format of mm/dd/yyyy hh/mm/ss and
on another worksheet creat a summary which would have a date field, a
seperate start time field, a seperate end time field, and a total time field.
Any suggestions as to the formulas that might help me out?

Thanks