Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default VLookup not working

Hi Scott,

Either your search argument or your table is text. Formatting doesn't cure that.

First find out which one is text, with the ISTEXT() function.

Format an empty cell as number and enter the number 1. EditCopy.
Select your text-numbers, EditPaste Special, check Multiply.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel