Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JICDB JICDB is offline

Default Strange line I can't delete

OK - I started from the PCLIVE's response and worked my way down through
Dave's and then Gregs. No conditional formatiing (but great idea). I had
been trying to grab it and delete it but to no avail. I couldn't get the
design mode button to really be effective. Greg's idea, similar to Dave's
worked great. I used the Multiple objects tool bar to eliminate the hundreds
of charts, text boxes, pictures, and auto shapes to find the 10 objects that
got squished in the middle somehow.

Thanks for the collabrative effort. I thought I was going crazy.

"JICDB" wrote:

I am fluent in Excel and have a strange line that I can't get rid of. I have
created a dashboard type report and in the middle there is a line that runs
between two rows. I want to delete it. I tried to format the cells with no
line (there isn't one showing), I tried to grab an object line that may have
been added - there is none. I tried to delete the two rows surrounding it
and the line remains. It's not a page break - I checked, I even turned off
the gridline and to no avail. I wouldn't care so much if it just didn't
print, but it does.

Any ideas how to get rid of it or even what it is?