Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Averageif function

You could use an array formula like: =AVERAGE(IF(C9:I91,C9:I9)). After you
type the formula in, you press Ctrl+Shift+Enter not just Enter. You'll see
that Excel places {} around the formula in the formula bar to indicate an
array formula. You never enter the {}. As far as the #N/A is concerned you
didn't state what you want to do in that event.

Tyro

"Kevin Anderson" wrote in message
I wrote a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that uses the =AVERAGEIF function, when
loaded it on to my work computer that has Excel 2002, it does not work. It
there a way to work around this. The formula that I wrote is
=AVERAGEIF(C9:I9,"1"). It is a sales averaging formula, since the formula
refers to seven days and very few people work seven days there will be
some
error references (#N/A) in the fields that I want to average. Any help
would
be appreciated.