Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HS HS is offline

Default Word & Excel - Nice question

Scenario:

Word document from page 1 to 40.

Excel File with Sheets 1 to 40 (so there are 40 sheets)

What they want is each sheet to be printed alternatively after the pages in
word.

So, the final document, to be printed, they want, Page 1(1st page of word),
page 2 (to be the 1st sheet in Excel file), page 3 (2nd page in word), page
4 (2nd sheet in excel) and so on.

They want to render this into a pdf document (print to a pdf file).

What they do now:

1) Print word document (40 pages)
2) Print Excel file (40 pages)
3) Scan each page (80 pages)
4) Arrange alternatively
5) Print to pdf.

I asked them why can't they just cut & paste the excel sheet in word, they
said, it doesn't fit in the manner the want and sometimes the table cells
spill to the second page, and they spend a lot of time tweaking and by the
time they do that for 40 sheets its way too long.

Is there a way to automate this? I'm sure there has to be a better way.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank You