Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Worksheet change Macro Question

If an audit trail were required Gord, it could be easily added.

--
---
HTH

Bob

You want this done in place?

Easily done with or without event code but you must realize you would have
no
paper or audit trail in case of errors made in entry in A1.

You would be safer having a formula in column B that referred to A1

=A3 + (A3*$A$1)/100

You can then change the value in A1 and the values in column B will
reflect that
without changing the base values in column A

To change all in place just enter 1.1 in an empty cell then copy.

Select the numbers and Paste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Delete the 1.1 from the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:13:02 -0800, Vick
wrote:

I believe I need a worksheet change macro for this, I can't think of any
other way of doing it. I have one column that looks like this: The rates
are
all static numbers no formulas. What I want to be able to do is that
whenever
someone changes the 0% cell or A1, that the macro will increase the rates
by
that percentage. For example if I were to cahnge the % to 10% the rate 110
would change to 121. Thanks for any help you can give.

0%
Bill Rate
110
140