Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tia Tia is offline

Default Help with a formula

I'm putting together a worksheet for payroll purposes. I need a formula
that calculates FUTA based on the following. Cap out at $7000. I thought I
had a formula that worked right, but now that it has to refer to YTD payroll
it isn't working properly.

G4 is the YTD Payroll Total
F4 is the payroll before tax free deductions
E4 is the payroll after tax free deductions

=IF(G4<7000,F4,IF(G4-F47000,0,(F4(F4-7000))))*0.008

The formula should look at YTD Payroll amount if less than 7000, multiply F4
by 0.008, which it appears to do. However, if YTD payroll is more than 7000,
then it should only multiply the difference from the last payroll to 7000,
then multiply by 0.008. I'm obviously missing some important part of this
formula but after walking through it many times, I'm still not seeing it....

Thanks for any and all help!