SJC

Default Question about sorting in protected worksheet

I have created a spreadsheet to be used by others in which they will input
their monthly data. So many of you have helped me put this thing together--I
am extremely grateful to you all. My hopefully last question is regarding
protection. I have protected all of the worksheets, as the last time we did
this sort of spreadsheet, novice users ended up deleting and changing all of
the formulas and links. However, I realize that you cannot use the 'sort'
function while the worksheet is protected. They will need to sort their
data. Is there a way to protect a worksheet while also keeping the sort
function?

Thanks for any insight!