Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default How do I change the names of individual columns for my workshe

hi
and just to add...
if you don't want to see the default xl headers and row number, you can to
to...
on the menu bar....
toolsoptionsview tabuncheck column & row headers.
you can't show one and not the other, it a all or nothing thing. but you can
create a column of numbers in the A column(if needed) and freeze panes on B2
to show your headers and row number and not the default xl row number and
column letters.
just an after thought.

regards
FSt1

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

LWP

You can't change them. You can however use Windowfreeze Panes, to show
columns to the right and rows above where the cursor is when you take the
command. (e.g, if in B2, then column and row 1 will always be in view). In
XL2007, if you have a table then as you scroll off the bottom of the sheet,
the headers 'jump' into these labels, but that is restricted to 2007, in
tables.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Lyriqqz" wrote in message
Hello Everyone:

I am can't remember how to change the names of the columns in the excel
spreadsheet. I need them to have words in them instead of just the
letters.
Thanks in advance for your help(:)

--
LWP