Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Annotations sticking to data point & data table

You don't mean link so much as fasten together, I presume. What you can do
is copy the range, select the chart, and hold down Shift while selecting the
Edit menu. Select Paste Picture (which replaces Paste when you've held
Shift). Then select the picture, and in the formula bar, type = plus the
sheet-referenced address of the range you copied, including dollar signs
(without the dollar signs you get an irrelevant error message). This links
the picture with the range, so any changes to the range are reflected in the
picture.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"AndreaB" wrote in message
When you format and display the data next to the chart is their a way
to 'link' the displayed data to the chart? The main reason why they
use data tables here is because they have a, let's say, a wide range
of users with an even wider range of skills. With the data table they
can click and print the chart as 'one piece' verses having to move 2
pieces of data around if they want to say, put the chart in a
PowerPoint or something.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you completely on the stinkin' data
tables. They drive me nuts! I never used them before this job
because of that very reason. You can't even change fonts on certain
numbers, etc. if you want to draw the eye to a certain piece of data.
Total pain in the toosh to me!

So, if I were to nix the data table, you would suggest using a row and
just hiding the other data points, correct? Do you have a link to a
post that describes that really well. I am sort of going brain numb
with this I think :)

I appreciate all your help. Your advice is a serious time saver!!!
~andrea