Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Probably a Stupid Question

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paige" wrote in message
WOW!!!!! You are all awesome! Thanks for responding so quickly. Am going
with the =MID formula.....is the easiest, but keeping the other 2 for
reference also cause you never when they might come in handy. I'm just
constantly amazed at the brain power out there! Have a good weekend....

"T. Valko" wrote:

Thanks!

It's both an array and volatile but, as Bernie mentioned in his reply,
after
you get everything processed you can always CopyPaste SpecialValues to
convert to constants.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in
message
Impressive. This is a much better solution than mine...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this array formula** :

=MID(A1,MATCH(TRUE,MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1 ))),1)<"0",0),255)

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Paige" wrote in message
I have data formatted as text, with leading zeroes, such as 00AF234,
014F,
etc. Is there a way to remove these leading zeroes (other than VB)?
The
data could be of any length and have 0, 1, 2 or more leading zeroes.
Can't
do find/replace because other zeroes (like in the middle of the
data)
would
also be removed. Nothing I've tried seems to work, short of sorting
by
length, then doing =right. Any ideas please?