Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Donna Donna is offline

Default Problems accessing new folder

When I try to open a file and select a different location, my system pauses
for several seconds (sometimes not responding pops up) and then another
window pops up that it is "Initializing Folders" "Initializing the root
folder to display". When I Google for a solution, found one that said to
open their "My Computer" and look for any disconnected network drives, if you
find some either remove them or open the drive so it can properly
authenticate. When I tried this, yes I had some disconnected network drives
that are listed as "memory_card ....." but I'm unable to delete them. Are
this previous thumb drives that didn't disconnect? How do I stop the
madness? Also when I try to select folders - My Documents, My Recent
Documents, etc. (left side of Open window) that are in the shortcut menu to
locations on my computer I also get an error that it can't locate the folder.