Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jeannie v jeannie v is offline

Default Copy Data from Worksheet1 to Worksheet2 IF Worksheet1 Column D

Good Morning, Max:

Thank you so much....This works....Once I began to think it out, it makes
perfect sense and is so easy. I can use this method over and over again.

I appreciate your expertise!
--
jeannie v

"Max" wrote:

.. Columns are not in the same sequence

Quite ok here, think you just need to tweak it a little
so that the returned cols will sync in the destination sheet,
as shown in this sample:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3b1i9
Conditionally extract lines to another sht.xls

In HOA Forms,

In A2: =IF(JanObs!D2="Y",ROW(),"")
Leave A1 blank

In B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(JanObs!B:B,SM ALL($A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))

Leave C2 blank, since you indicate the col header in C1 is "Blank"

In D2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(JanObs!E:E,SM ALL($A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy D2 to I2. Then select A2:I2, copy down to cover the max expected extent
of data in JanObs, say down to I500.
--
Max
Singapore
"jeannie v" wrote:
Hi Max:

I should have told you that the Columns are not in the same sequence on both
Worksheets headings that cannot be changed....How would I get it to pop the
correct data to Worksheet2 for all records on Worksheet1 Column D= Y.

So This is Worksheet1 (JanObs) Columns are headed as:
COLUMN HEADER
A #
B Name
C Score Deleted
D Deleted HS
E Rep
F Site
G Date Deleted
H Date Scored
I Reason
J Deleted by
K Per

Worksheet2 (HOA Forms)

A Name
B Blank
C Rep
D Site
E Date Deleted
F Date Scored
G Reason
H Deleted by

I would appreciate any help you can provide......I can use the formulas that
you provided for another document though, so thank you for that.
--
jeannie v