Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger pdberger is offline

Default Cell without its own format?

Good afternoon --
I'd like to know if a cell can be designated to pick up the formatting from
the cell from which it's receiving it's data.
I'm designing a workbook to be used by a wide variety of people, and have
built 40-50 different indicators that they might want to use. I'd like them
to be able to put those indicators together in whatever order and graphs they
want. My basic approach is to allow them to select the name of the index,
and then use a VLOOKUP function to get the associated data into the right
cells in the table.

Problem -- formatting! Some of the indices are %, some $, some are integer
ratios, others have decimal points of significance.

Can I set up the "target" cell to use the formatting from the "source" cell
where it gets its info?

BTW -- You guys, collectively, are the best! Thanks for past help and into
the future.

TIA