Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default End Date Calculation (adding a start date duration)

My first question: whose holidays? United States, Brazil, Canada? Deciding
what's a weekend day is fairly easily, but holidays can toss in a curve -
especially when you have situation like in the U.S. where if a federal
holiday falls on a Saturday, it's observed on Friday and if it falls on
Sunday, then it's observed on Monday.

I've actually got stuff available now to determine when U.S. Federal
holidays are observed that could be worked into a solution for your
situation, but for holidays elsewhere, it would no doubt take some
modification. Individual additional holidays, such as those observed by the
various states in the U.S. would also have to be given consideration.

"Silena K-K" wrote:

Hi there

I want to generate an End date by adding together a start date and a
duration - one of 30 days (including weekends and holidays) and one of 30
working days (business days only)

Eg: if my start date is 30 Jun 08 what is the finish date after 30 working
days
if my start date is 30 Jun 08 what is the finish date after 30 days

Thanks for your help, Silena