Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Cell Ref question

Roger,

Maybe something like this would work (haven't tested it):

Sub WritetoMainPage()

Dim irow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")

irow = ws.Cells(1, 12) _
.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Row

'ws.Cells(irow, 12) = ActiveSheet.Range("h5").Value
we.Cells(irow, 12).Formula = "='" & ActiveSheet.Name & "'!H5"

Worksheets("sheet1").Select

End Sub

HTH,

Conan

"Roger" wrote in message
Good Afternoon,

I have a macro that is writing from one workbook to another. After it has
finished opening and writing it's initial data, it calls this macro and
writes a special cell value to the front page. Though this works fine, I
want
it to be a cell reference (linked value) vs. static.

Ive tried a couple ways unsuccessfully and was wondering if you might have
some ideas on how to accomplish this.

Thank you - Roger

Sub WritetoMainPage()

Dim irow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = Worksheets("Sheet1")

irow = ws.Cells(1, 12) _
.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Row

ws.Cells(irow, 12) = ActiveSheet.Range("h5").Value <<<This works but I
want
a cell ref (link) vs. static value

Worksheets("sheet1").Select

End sub