Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AFD at FONO[_2_] AFD at FONO[_2_] is offline

Default can I compute the bounds of a 3D reference

An example. I have a workbook in which the worksheets are named for each
month of the year: Jan through Dec (3 letter names) On each worksheet the
same cell contains the expenses for the month. I also have a cell that
contains the year to date (YTD) expenses. I'd like to be able to compute
YTD as SUM(Jan:current_month!cell). Cell refers to the acutal monthly
expense on each worksheet. I can get current_month, the name of the
worksheet, using the CELL function. However, Excel doesn't seem to like any
kind of expression in the 3D reference.