Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Sum Count of Numeric Duplicates: appears x2 in any Row

Can you send me a sample file that contains a "smallish" example?

You said your actual file might be ~2000 rows. I don't need that much. Maybe
a hundred or so rows setup *exactly* the way your actual file is setup. Mark
the rows you expect to be counted.

If you can do that I'm at:

xl can help at comcast period net

Remove "can" and change the obvious.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sam via OfficeKB.com" <u4102@uwe wrote in message
Hi Biff,

Thanks for reply.

T. Valko wrote:
Let's see if I understand this...

Only count those rows where the *specific range* is 201 and 207?

No, not quite. The column named "Range" was added just for visual
reference
(per 2nd Post: "I've also inserted and extra column called Range just to
try
and add a bit of clarity, or maybe not"). The ranges are not blocked
together
on each row. The ranges represent individual references ("Refs") in
individual cells, a "Refs" will always have a correponding "Data" value;
you
may have "Refs" 201 on one row and "Refs" 207 on a completely different
row.

So, if a range is 197 to 203 don't include this row even though 201 to 203
falls within the range?

The range is not hard coded on each row but refers to a group of