Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Matching values in 2 columns

Say your list of data is in column A of sheet1.

And the list to check against is in column X of sheet2.

You could use this formula in column B.

=isnumber(match(a1,sheet2!x:x,0))
and drag down as far as you need.

You'll see True if there's a match and False if there is no match.

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

richzip wrote:

I have 2 spreadsheets with various column. I would like to see if it's
possible tos et up a formula that will:

1. Look at each number in a specified column in sheet 1.
2. Attempt to find that same value somewhere in a specified column in sheet 2
3. If it doesn't find that number in sheet 2, it woud either highlight the
value in sheet 2, or put a "no" in another column also in sheet 1.
4. Repeat this for each number in sheet 1.

--

Dave Peterson