Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Bug or wrong approach

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:09:34 -0500, "Meebers" wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:14:33 -0500, "Meebers" wrote:

Perhaps a fix.....you have to select a criteria range (even though it
might
be blank/empty) then the advance filter works as expected. So.....not a
bug
but me :0( Mike

That requirement is not documented in the Online HELP available for XL2007
--ron

I will repeat the test again tomorrow with a fresh mind. I did read the
HELP file, it said to leave at least 3 blank cells above the label field and
in the examples showed that was the place to put the criteria in. I tried
it with and without blanks and the only thing that worked was to choose a
criteria range. I will give it a go on my laptop this time and see if the
results differ. Tx for the input. mike

See:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...Learn%20mor e

--ron