Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Bug or wrong approach

Excel 2007

In A1:A7 I put: Label, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 Then under advanced filter, I
selected A1:A7, copy to another location, selected B1 and checked unique
records only. In B1 through B4 I got: Label, 1, 2, 3 and that's all.

Tyro

"Meebers" wrote in message
Excel 07 doing advanced filtering. I have a column of numbers, some are
repeated, and I want to filter out unique numbers only. So as a test,
starting in A1 and going down, I input 1,2,3,1,2,3. Under advanced
filtering, I selected the range, a1:a6, want it copied to another location
, B1, checked unique records only and expect the result to = 1,2,3. The
result is 1,2,3,1. It seems like if the top number (a1) is repeated
anywhere else in the column it will repeat it as a unique number. If I
changed the data to say 1,2,2,3,3,2 the expected result is 1,2,3 and it
is. Bug or approach or ?? TIA