Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ryanb.[_2_] ryanb.[_2_] is offline

Default my impressions of Excel 2007

Double click the ribbon and it will go into hide mode and only be visible
when you focus the mouse on it. Will add quite a bit of extra workspace for
you. There are commands that are no where in the ribbon, but you can add
them to the quick access toolbar which is not so bad. The more I use it,
the more I like it. Definitely not as bad as I thought it would be

Anyone figure out how to add a custom button to the quick access toolbar? I
used to be able to add buttons for my personal macros, and now I have to go
through the macro dialogue boxes.

Thanks

ryanb.

"T. Valko" wrote in message
I forgot to mention that I'm almost blind (not really, but it seems like
it!) and my res is set to 800 x 600 (as low as it'll go!).

By comparison, in Excel 2002 I get 25 rows by 11.6 columns with only the
standard and formatting toolbars displayed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tyro" wrote in message
. ..
On my 19" monitor I use 1152 x 864 resolution and get 29 rows and 17
columns at 100% zoom.

Tyro

"Tyro" wrote in message
1) Home/Styles/Conditonal Formatting
2) Pressing X on the Excel title bar closes workbooks one by one and
then when all workbooks are closed, closes Excel.
3) Suggest you get the cross reference from MS that shows you how to
locate Excel 2003 things in Excel 2007 - Also available for Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook.
Try searching for "office command reference" at MS

Tyro