Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Finding a value and then suppressing ALL rows WITHOUT the foundva

Here's the manual way:

1. DataFilterAutofilter
2. Click arrow in column U
3. Choose '30' in the dropdown list -- now you are viewing only the
rows that have a '30' in column U
4. Highlight visible rows and copy to new worksheet
5. Delete all columns except A,B,C,D,U
6. Goto FilePrint

HTH,
JP

On Jan 23, 4:09*pm, Tom wrote:
Excel 2003 SP3
WinXP Pro SP2

I need to find all entries in a specific column, say U, that have the text
value of '30'. *There are about 12K rows and about 150 or less have the text
value of '30' in the particular 'Unnn' cell. *Once I've found this text value
of '30' (EditFindFind What=30Search by ColumnsMatch entire cell
contents), I want to suppress all the other rows and print just columns A, B,
C and D as well as U (which contains the text value of '30'). *I know how to
Hide rows but how do I hide those rows that do NOT have '30' without manually
doing it?

So:
1) Find all rows with text value '30' in Column U
2) Suppress all rows WITHOUT text value '30' in Column U
3) Print ONLY Columns A, B, C, D and U.
Simple? *I have no idea on the hiding aspect except a manual hide which is
too laborious!

TIA!