Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Group and Outline on a Protected Sheet

Hi,

The Group and Outlining commands are not available when the spreadsheet is
protected, however, you might want to consider using a pivot table since you
can protect them but still retain most of their functionality. And they have
very nice grouping features.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"AccessHelp" wrote:

Hello all,

I have an Excel sheet that I use the Group (Data|Group and Outline|Group) to
group certain rows. If I protect that sheet, I would not able to expand or
collapse the groups. I tried turn-on various items (and all items) when I
protect the sheet, and it still would not let me expand or collapse.

Is there a way I can use the Group on a protected sheet?

Thanks.