Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mns mns is offline

Default Restricted values in cells

Thank you! The first one worked:) but the thing is I need to make sure from
all sheet. So I tried the second option. I renamed the second sheet as Comma,
like you did. Then I came to my first sheet and selected a range to
test(A1:A2 + B1:B2).
then tried your formula
=ISERROR(FIND(Comma,A1))

which ended with an error saying;
"A named range you specified cannot be found."
:(

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi again,

If you want to apply this to the entire sheet, move to another sheet and
enter a comma in a cell. Then name the cell. In my example I named the cell
comma. Now move back to the sheet you want to restrict. Select the entire
sheet and enter the following formula in the Data Validation, Custom:

=ISERROR(FIND(Comma,A1))

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"mns" wrote:

Hi,
I want to make a rule for a sheet which gives an alert when a user enters
"," comma in the cell while typing 12,34. I tried Data Varification part
couldnt figure out how to make this happen. If anyone knows how to restrict
spesific character I would be happy to hear it.

Thanx