Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Bug or wrong approach

You need to have a header for your column of data, otherwise Excel
takes the first value as the header (and hence it repeats). This
applies to earlier versions of Excel also.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 23, 4:22*pm, "Meebers" wrote:
Excel 07 doing advanced filtering. *I have a column of numbers, some are
repeated, and I want to filter out unique numbers only. *So as a test,
starting in A1 and going down, I input 1,2,3,1,2,3. *Under advanced
filtering, I selected the range, a1:a6, want it copied to another location ,
B1, checked unique records only and expect the result to = 1,2,3. *The
result is 1,2,3,1. *It seems like if the top number (a1) is repeated
anywhere else in the column it will repeat it as a unique number. *If I
changed the data to say 1,2,2,3,3,2 the expected result is 1,2,3 and it is..
Bug or approach or ?? *TIA