Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
J. Sperry[_2_] J. Sperry[_2_] is offline

Default Create an exel 2007 shortcut key

Not sure why you need a shortcut key, when a button is already handy, but
here are the instructions from the Excel help file. You'll need to put the
command in a macro, then:
"To assign a CTRL combination shortcut key to run the macro, in the Shortcut
key box [click View Macros - select macro - click Options], type any
lowercase letter or uppercase letter that you want to use.
Note The shortcut key will override any equivalent default Excel
shortcut key while the workbook that contains the macro is open. For a list
of CTRL combination shortcut keys that are already assigned in Excel, see
Excel shortcut and function keys."

"katmagic" wrote:

How do I create an excel shortcut key? For instance, I want to create a
shortcut key for Moving or Copying a worksheet. I added it to the quick
access toolboar, but cannot figure out to create a shortcut key for that
command. Thank you for your help.