philm13

Julie
it's the first option you mention - if I tried getting people to use pivot
tables they'd never go near it!!!

I know that this is probably a database function, but it would make my life
easier if I could do it in Excel!

Can you think of any way it could be done?

Thanks

Phil

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

not sure of what you're after here
say on sheet 1 you have your drop down box - and user Fred choose March
do you want all of march's information copied from the various workbooks /
worksheets into sheet 1 for him to view or do you want each workbook
/worksheet he opens / views only display March's values
either way i'm not sure "easy" is a word i'ld use to describe this.

would another approach be to build a pivot table with the relavent
information and then he can filter on that to see the data he's interested
in - check out
for information on pivot tables from multiple consolidation ranges to see if
this is a feasible option.

Cheers
JulieD

"philm13" wrote in message
Excel 2003
I want to allow users to choose a month via a validation box and see data
relevant to that month. Other worksheets/workbooks contain the data to be
shown - mostly in ranges of cells. I know I could do it cell by cell with
nested IF statements, but this is incredibly tedious.

Is there an easy way to do this?