Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Joe is offline

Default Vlookup table

Hi Mike,

I meant to post this to my previous question but apparantely I am having
problems using the web-link at work.

Assume that I have two tables for the same data but from two different
systems. The original idea is to substract data from Table A from Tabel B by
using Vlookup.

However, the some of the headings may be missing from one of the tables.
Therefore, the result is #N/A.

To prevent this I am now using =ISNA. But I would like to have a formula so
when one of the values is missing in one of the tables, it brings just the
value from one of the tables

Thanks,
jose

"Mike H" wrote:

You may need to clarify that with an example of your data layout but if by
table you mean from a different Column then consider this

=VLOOKUP(A1,J1:N18,2,FALSE)

The table array in the above is 5 columns wide and the column to return is
set by the 2 in the formula which can be any of the 5 columns.

Mike

"Joe" wrote:

If I want to get the result from the first table instead of the second one.
Wot can I do?