Chris

Thanks for the reply Bill....however, I'm not trying to link specific cells,
I'm trying to link entire sheets....

ex: I have 4 workbooks containing several sheets of data in each which I
update daily....then I have another workbook (main) that has 4 sheets, which
are copies of 1 of the sheets from each of those 4 workbooks....

what I'm trying to do is link the individual sheets I need from the 4
workbooks into the workbook that needs those 4 sheets only (main), in
it....so when I open the 1 (main), it updates what I've changed in the other
4...

I hope this makes sense.....the way that I have been doing it is copying
from 1 of the 4 and pasting it into the main...is there a way to do what I
want....Thanks for any help...
Chris

"Bill Manville" wrote:

Chris wrote:
I'm trying to link a sheet from one workbook to a sheet in another workbook,
and to update the info when it's changed on a daily basis...can anyone
help....have not been able to find out how to do this with the research I've
done...Thanks

Simplest way:
- Have both workbooks open
- in the cell to contain the link, type =
- Window to the other workbook and select the source cell
- hit Enter

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England