Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeanR JeanR is offline

Default "###" is displayed value for cells in Excel 2003

Column width == 101.57

"CLR" wrote:

Column width?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"JeanR" wrote:

In several spreadsheets the contents of cells in one column displayed as a
series of pound signs. I set the cells to wrap, data type to text. In some
cases I was able to restore normal display by removing part of the text if
that part includes numbers. Most of the cells had lots of text, some with
more than 256 characters, some with less. Another column had cells with
similar quantities of text, but displayed everything correctly. On a hunch, I
selected the cell with no problems using the format paintbrush and then
clicked on the problem column. Bam! The pound signs went away, and actual
values were displayed. As far as I could tell, the cells were formatted the
same. Does anyone have a clue what was formatted incorrectly in the problem
column?