Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaymee Jaymee is offline

Default Excel extreamly slow opening spreadsheets

Most of the spreadhseets are around 100 KB...so they are small. I can sent it
to another machine and it opens fine. No Add-ins that I can tell.

"CLR" wrote:

Are these 3 of many computers and the others do not experience the problem,
or doe they all have it?

If you have Add-ins attached to Excel, it takes time for each to load when
starting Excel.......if you have something in the XLStartup directory, that
takes time to load also.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jaymee" wrote:

I have 3 computers with Office 2003 that are experiancing extream delays when
opening excel spreadsheets. These documents are located on the users local
HD. If I open excel and then open the document it opens fine. If I double
click on the document it takes anout 30 seconds to open excel and another 20
seconds to populate the information.
I have searched all over the internet for this issue and have found that
others are experiancing this...but I have not found a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?