Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jock Jock is offline

Default Excel extreamly slow opening spreadsheets

How big are the workbooks? If they're very large, it could slow save/open
operations. If the files are linked to each other or other spreadsheets,
updating in the background will take time. Is there a lot of code working in
the background because this can also slow things down.
hth
--
Traa Dy Liooar

Jock

"Jaymee" wrote:

I have 3 computers with Office 2003 that are experiancing extream delays when
opening excel spreadsheets. These documents are located on the users local
HD. If I open excel and then open the document it opens fine. If I double
click on the document it takes anout 30 seconds to open excel and another 20
seconds to populate the information.
I have searched all over the internet for this issue and have found that
others are experiancing this...but I have not found a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?