Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default program carriage return

Hi Bernard,
I think that Mark wants to avoid any key pressing while holding a scanner in
his hand!
Stefi

€˛Bernard Liengme€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

If I select A1:B10 and then type into A1,then press tab we move to B1
I enter something in B1 and press tab and we move to A2
and so on....
Looks like what you want
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MarkM" wrote in message

I have a situation wherein I have 2 columns of identifiers in columns A &
B.
I'm scanning bar codes into columns C & D. What I would like to have
happen
is that after I scan into column D for focus to go to the next row, column
C.
But when I leave column C, I want to go to column D (which it currently
does).

Right now, I have to press the Enter key after scanning into columns C &
D,
but I have hundreds of rows that I'm scanning, and it would be a lot
easier
(and efficient) to not have to continually go back to the keyboard and
just
use the scan gun. I looked at trying to program the scan gun, but could
not
figure out a way to get the desired functionality.

I am not familiar with macro programming, so that may be my ultimate
solution, but I was hoping for a simple formula that I could use to help
me
out here.

Thanks,

Mark