Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BruceS BruceS is offline

Default Problems selecting "Show me" on help pages

Anyone figure this out ??

thanks
Bruce

"Pete Harris" wrote:

When using help pages (via office assistant) and "show me" is selected the
following message appears

€œHelp cant show you this procedure because the security setting in your
browser is set too high or the ActiveX control Ouactrl.ocx didnt install
correctly.

-select a lower security setting in your browser
-If you receive this message after selecting a lower security setting,
please see your system administrator for help troubleshooting the
installation of the ActiveX control Ouactrl.ocx located in in the folder you
installed Microsoft Office to.€

Q1. How do I access & lower security setting in my browser, and if I do am I
opening my PC to a higher risk.

Q2. Have no idea about trouble shooting ActiveX control...

Problem also exists in Word

Any Ideas please?
--
Regards