Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default UPDATE - HELP

It's worked for me and several other posters.

I'd say double check your work and try it again.

11 is for xl2003.

Craig McLaughlin wrote:

hi thanks for your reply - unfortunately I tried the solution - it didnt
work. Firstly I did not have the directory 9 as mentioned in the post
solution, BUT i did have a 11 and 10 in the same location so I added the
DWORD to both these directories under options but to no avail.

Any other ideas?

thanks

craig

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

Craig McLaughlin wrote:

I have recently bought a new machine with windows vista and I have
installed
office 2003.

I have a number of excel sheets with links and everytime I open them it
keeps asking to update. I have change the settings for updates to update
without prompt and then saved it but when I open the file again it asks
update the links.

It is really annoying can anyone shed any light on this.

thanks

craig

--

Dave Peterson