Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Can you assign an "order" for cell entry?

This may do what you want. Right-click the worksheet tab (at the bottom of
the page) for the worksheet you want this functionality on and then select
View Code from the popup window. Copy/paste the following code into the code
window that opens up when you do that...

Const Addr = "D1 G10 A5 B7 C3"
If InStr(" " & Addr & " ", " " & Target.Address(False, False) & " ") Then
Range(Split(Split(Addr & " " & Target.Address(False, False), _
Target.Address(False, False) & " ")(1))(0)).Select

Simply put the list of cell address (space delimited), in the order you want
them processed in, into the "Const Addr" statement in place of the sample
addresses I used. Now, go back to the worksheet, click in one of those cell
and edit it... pressing Return or Tab should take you to the next cell in
the list. You didn't say what you wanted to happen, so after the last cell
in the list is edited, that cell will remain the active cell after Return or
Tab are pressed. If you have a natural "parking area" for your active cell,
just put it at the end of the list.

Rick

"TheMilkGuy" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I have a sheet with a couple dozen input cells spread out over the
screen.

Is there a way to assign an order to them so that when a value is
entered and the Return key hit, the cell advances to the next chosen
cell?

I am sure there is a phrase for what I am feebly trying to describe...

Thanks,
Craig